Climatic Wind Tunnels
Air International's climatic wind tunnels create air flows that can vary in temperature and humidity to test thermal system components or entire systems installed in a vehicle.
Air International operates vehicle-sized climatic wind tunnels in Shanghai, China. This testing facility give our engineers precise control over all the key variables that determine performance of complete systems installed in vehicles. We meet the highest standards for developing and calibrating HVAC and engine cooling systems and validating engineering design protocols.
The specifications of both facilities are:
- Relative humidity: 10% to 90%
- Temperature range: -20 degrees C to 52 degrees C
- Air flow and road speed to 140 kph
- Solar simulation to 1500 W/Sq.m
- Dual dynamometer capacity to 300 kW
- Capable of testing both 4WD / AWD
- Total vehicle security