Suppliers are important members of our Extended Lean Enterprise. Everyone benefits from strong and collaborative working relationships.
Air International recognizes that mutually-beneficial and collaborative relationships create value for all stakeholders - Customers, Suppliers, Employees and Shareholders.
- Our buyers represent Air International's collective interests and objectives to suppliers; and represent suppliers' interests to Air International's internal functions.
- Our employees view suppliers as a value-added extension of Air International departments and functions.
- Suppliers consider Air International a preferred customer.
- Air International lives up to the "spirit" of its contracts.
- Air International's departments establish a "firm, but fair" interface reputation at all levels.
- Air International aligns its business objectives among internal functions and departments.
- Investments made at Air International's request will be fully utilized.
- Payments will be made and received in accordance with contract T&Cs.
- Premium costs incurred at Air International's request will be acknowledged and reimbursed.
- Accurate information will be communicated in a timely manner by all Air International functions.
- Air International respects and protects suppliers' intellectual property.
Long Term vs. Short Term Perspective
- Air International acknowledges and shares piece price and supply chain savings resulting from supplier suggestions.
- Air International provides adequate support for suppliers; buyers remove internal barriers.
- Air International acknowledges suppliers' need to make a reasonable profit.